Utah will hold a Primary Election on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. If you live in a county other than San Juan County, the Primary Election will be different than other elections in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Here are the major changes for every county except San Juan County:
- The election will be conducted by mail. Mail ballot drop boxes will be available until 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- In-person early voting will not be available.
- Your county may offer limited drive-up voting on Election Day, but regular polling places on Election Day will not be available.
- The voter registration deadline is June 19, 2020, and voter registration on Election Day (also known as registration by provisional ballot) is not available.
- If your county offers limited drive-up voting on Election Day, the county clerk may cancel drive-up voting based on public health concerns and voters will be required to vote by mail.
Your county clerk will mail ballots between June 9, 2020 and June 23, 2020.
Your voter registration must be received by your county clerk no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, June 19, 2020.